Mold Camera Club

Audio Visual - AV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Audio Visual - AV

Post by Pammy Sheldon on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:38 am

Hi all,

I am finally thinking of attempting an AV but nothing fancy just to put together a ton of images of my goddaughter.

A couple of years ago at one the AV sessions we did I remember people who hadn't bought av software were able to use a basic setup that was already on our Windows laptops. I am wondering if anyone knows what it was (I have a new laptop since then so not sure if I have it or not) or if anyone can recommend a free to download bit of software that would do?

As I say, I personally just want to dabble, I don't want to spend any money and I won't be looking to enter any competitions (unless I get seriously addicted to doing them haha)

Many thanks in advance for any help given Smile

Pammy Sheldon

Back to top Go down

Re: Audio Visual - AV

Post by Pammy Sheldon on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:28 am

I have found Windows Movie Maker on my laptop which does a basic job but if anyone can recommend anything else I would be grateful Smile
Pammy Sheldon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric M Palmer on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:49 pm

I also remember some software better than Movie Maker but not as good as Picturestoexe that was free. However you can use free version of Picturestoexe but it shows it is trial version on the movie made with it. I think software was called PhotoStage as found some Photostage files. I seem to remember when you install it tries to install extras like Google Chrome so be careful.

Eric M Palmer

http://www.markpalmer.talktalk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Gill Henry on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:01 am

Soz Pammy, can't help you there. I too used Windows Movie Maker which was great but after seeing Andy's Pictures to Exe demo, I realized that movie maker didn't give options such as making the picture fit the whole screen etc. I knew that to enter the AV comp, something with more flexibility is what I needed.
You can't mix tracks as you can on exe either.
Good luck on finding something though. I am on 'Pictures to Exe' free trial at the min which is for 30 days! Once you start to get your head around it, it's really good.
Gill Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Lewis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:14 am

Hi Pammy, after the talk the other week I downloaded the trial version of Pictures to Exe. It seems pretty easy to use and I managed to put one together. It has demo version written on it but suits the purpose of dabbling!!

Sarah Lewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum