Mold Camera Club

Camera shutter does not respond when pressed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Camera shutter does not respond when pressed.

Post by Eric M Palmer on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Using my Pentax I know there is a anti-shake and a focus system which will stop the shutter release until I am likely to get a good picture. Focus is rather quick and if critical pictures are being taken I switch the anti-shake off.

However the Nikon has a far more sophisticated system and I am really having a problem getting it to take pictures. The lens is 18 - 270 mm and is rather slow to focus (compared with Pentax) and zooming in on scenes I have needed to switch to manual focus and rough focus then back to auto. Unlike the Pentax there are switches on both lens and camera so not easy to quickly swap manual to auto.

The lens (Tamron) has two switches VC on/off and AF/MF the camera has a button locked switch AF/M the menu has loads of options but it is the AE-L/AF-L button which seems to be causing the main problem. I found I needed to press both the AE-L/AF-L button and shutter release to take a picture and reading the D7000 instructions it is as clear as mud.

The Auto exposure Lock (AE-L/AF-L button) may have been accidental altered while in tether with the PC. I have never got to grips with setting focus points in camera but when tethered to PC it's a simple click of the mouse. There is also a focus selector lock switch */L which I have always left to * and button next to shutter release called metering button I think this is to select exposure setting area.

Any help in using this camera would be appreciated. I find it over complex I wish I could switch off the auto focus but my eyes are just not good enough my eyes focus keeps changing so I have always relied on the split screen to focus and with Pentax with any lens even total manual when in focus a red dot flashes in centre of view finder.

Eric M Palmer

http://www.markpalmer.talktalk.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum