Mold Camera Club

Competition Entry Limits (From Competition 2 2010/11)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Competition Entry Limits (From Competition 2 2010/11)

Post by Chris Noble on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:34 am

For Competition 1 last night we had 121 entries and whilst Ronnie Williams did manage to get through them in the time, he was not able to give real feedback on most of the DPI’s. Personally I think feedback is just as (if not more) important as getting a good score.

And so we have to consider a limit on the number of entries we are willing to put in front of a judge in future. Once you go over 100 it puts the judge under real pressure and in many respects devalues the feedback. Whilst Ronnie did well to get through the images in time I feel the quality of his comments suffered due to the pressure.

As proposed last night, from the next competition a reserve system will be put in place for all DPI entries. From now on you can continue to enter 3 DPI images for all competitions (unless otherwise stated) but your third entry may have to be withdrawn from the competition. Each of you have competition numbers beginning in 4, 5 & 6 (after the letter A or B). It will be the image entered under the 6 number that will be withdrawn in the event that we have too many images.

If this event does happen the committee will make a decision as to how to adjust the scoring to ensure that DPI workers are not at a disadvantage for the Photographer of the Year competition.

If you have any queries regarding this please let me know.

www.noblemultimedia.co.uk
Chris Noble

http://www.noblemultimedia.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum